Here are some notes and things that never got used in game, but you might find them interesting to see after the fact.
• The Rules on the Alternative Alicorn Procedure
Xavi almost went for it. And Helka was remarkably lucky, considering how bad she rolled on the initial test.
• Early on in the game, I had to remove spirits from the story due to controversy, but I still thought some of the unused material was interesting. I wrote a handout with in-character information here
. And a little bit of insider information on how to present them as villains, but with the option of not necessarily being villains here
. The mysterious mare-do-well, as she appeared in the early game, was intended to be the Spirit of Victory.
• Later on in the game, changelings made an appearance. I wrote up some information for players about them, as they existed in the game world. Link here
. I also wrote an in-character fairy tale regarding a changeling from Equestria's early days. The Guard, the Woodcutter, and the Changeling
• In the early game, I had the idea of spending a lot of time in the zebra lands. As such, I wrote a little handout about the various zebra empires
. I think Xavi was the only one who saw it, but each of the 5 emperors was written around a twisted version of one of the elements of harmony.
• Briefly during the endgame, there was an opportunity for the group to go back in time. I made a write up
of how time travel magic worked, that did a pretty good job of staying faithful to the show. While someone could make an alternate dimension style time travel spell, I decided to avoid a many-universes model. "Time Travel Magic Cannot Duplicate a Soul." The time portal in game was a real portal into the real past, however, any time the group tried to make permanent changes, it would have reset, groundhog day style.
• Early in the game, the group had the option of taking the short, dangerous route through the valley, or the long, less dangerous route around the mountains. This memory orb
was located somewhere outside Luna's School, where it remained undiscovered.
• In Baltimare, the group never went to the griffon side of the city, and never saw the memory orb den, where ponies went to escape their troubles in memories from before the war. This memory orb
was the freebie that the proprietor would have offered to get the newcomers hooked. It's also why three different ponies in town were named Pear Blossom.
• Three memory orbs from Luna's private collection were discovered, but never viewed. Sunshine Orb
, Moonrise Orb
, and the Striped Orb
. The striped orb was intended to lead the group to Zecora's grave, which would have provided valuable insights into things and stuff.
• The group never came across the Celestia monument with this inscription
on it. Intended to give some insight into Celestia's nature, her aversion to war, and her deeply rooted empathy for all people.
• The team visited Tenpony Tower, and even had a plan to visit LittlePip's memory orb collection to gather information. That plan never happened, but I did catalogue all the memory orbs from the Fallout Equestria books and indexed them.
• While the Team was exploring the underwater ruins in Baltimare (I continue to be amazed that no one tried to revive the pony in the machine...), there was one matrix terminal that never got looked at. Mostly window dressing though.
• When Thunderbird was exploring Stable 81, she never made it into the Overmare's office. This was on the terminal inside
• The team never did investigate the Stable that Minty's tribe came from, and honestly that was probably for the best. But I did have some matrix terminals with information on them. The Overmare's Terminal
. And A Technician's Terminal